Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Its a Small World


Pencil on watercolor paper, 9" x 9"

Its been a while since I've added anything to my blog but I feel another surge of creativity coming on. I've been floating on a very still and desolate, creative sea but painting and art have almost continuously been on my mind under the surface. I've longed for the wave to come and take me away again. This new project was done for my daughter Haven's school. It gave me the very welcome excuse and deadline needed to pass up other practical things in order to complete the drawing. My home is still recovering from the layer of dirt that has accumulated but I feel happy and rejuvenated....most days. I'm learning that cleanliness is NOT next to Godliness but doing what you are created to do IS. The Little Light House is a school for special needs kids and my little Haven has autism. She is the inspiration for the drawing and it will be used for, what I hear, a "large project" for the school coming up pretty soon. If you are interested in learning more about our precious Haven's story I am providing her webpage created by The Little Light House. We're having issues with the Link so just copy and paste into your address bar. Thanks

http://littlelighthouse.donordepot.com/havenbrockey

1 comment:

Justin Brockey said...

Love this Angie!! Your a great artist!!!

Post a Comment